Big Sky: Still the best place to vacation after all these years!
We came across this video clip that’s now over 40 years old. You can’t help but smile and snicker as you watch the clip. The music and video style are certainly straight from the 1970’s! As we watched the video, it makes us a little nostalgic for the past. A lot has changed in Big Sky over the past four decades, but really it is surprising how much hasn’t changed.
What HASN’T changed in Big Sky
- Big Sky is still a sought after destination to escape the city and find outdoor tranquility and adventure.
- You’ll still find clean mountain streams and fresh mountain air.
- Believe it or not you can still find cowboys in the area. (We are a Dude Ranch, after all!)
- Big Sky is still surrounded by amazing breath taking views of high mountain landscapes and wildlife. It’s still a base camp for outdoor adventurers of many types.
- Big Sky is still known for some of the best skiing (nordic and downhill) in the country.
- Yellowstone National Park obviously hasn’t moved and still draws many people to the area to view the geysers and unique wildlife.
- While Big Sky has certainly grown compared to the 1970’s, it is still a relatively small Montana town.
- There’s still many of the same activities in Big Sky, whether you like golf, tennis, fishing, skiing, horseback riding, hiking, etc!
What HAS changed in Big Sky
- Today it is easier than ever to travel to Big Sky. Whether you’re planning a road trip to Montana or flying into the Bozeman airport, it is surprisingly convenient to get here. (We even provide transportation from the airport!)
- From the exterior it may appear that our cabins are the same traditional cabins from the past, but the interior of each cabin have been updated to provide our guests with modern comforts… while maintaining the cozy cabin ambiance.
- There’s more than just cowboys in Big Sky today! We also have biologists who will guide you on hikes, yoga instructors to prepare you for the day, massage therapists to help you relax, certified anglers to show you the best fishing holes and an executive chef to do all the cooking!
- Big Sky’s downhill skiing has been upgraded and expanded. High-speed chairlifts and trams allow you to get even more runs in each day. And with 5,700 skiable acres and 4,350 vertical feet of terrain you’ll be spending little time waiting in line and more time leaving fresh tracks in the snow!
- Big Sky’s Nordic skiing trails have grown too! With 85 kilometers of maintained trails, it’s no wonder why Cross Country Skier Magazine voted Lone Mountain Ranch the #1 Nordic skiing destination in North America.
- Yellowstone National Park is no longer simply a summer destination. There are tours available year-round!
- In addition to the popular activities of the past, you’ll find even more adventures available in Big Sky: Mountain biking, zip lining, white water rafting, dog sledding and so much more!
As we reflect on what has and hasn’t changed over the years, it makes us so proud of how Big Sky has evolved and how it continues to be such an amazing vacation destination. We are so thankful that we get to not only experience such a special place, but we also get to share it with our guests everyday!